This week I really wanted to do something silly and sweet for Jared, so I decided to make him a “Daddy Survival Kit.” I’d seen the idea online and loved it, so I decided to make him one. I couldn’t believe some of the great stuff I found in the dollar section at Target – it was like it was there just waiting for me to include it!
I personalized each item in the kit with a special note. Here’s what was included:
- A rubber band – “Because parenting requires us to be flexible”
- Gatorade – “For the days after a sleepness night when you’ll just need some energy!”
- Mamba candies, one of Jared’s favorites – “Because you’re going to be the sweetest dad”
- Dice – “Because sometimes parenting is going to be a roll of the dice!”
- Mini first aid kit – “Use this kit and your kisses to heal her when she’s hurt”
- Wet wipes – “For when life gets sticky”
- The movie Horrible Bosses – “For when life gets stressful and you need a good laugh”
- A bottle opener that looks like a baby (crazy, I know!! Love Target!) – “Because sometimes you’ll just want a beer!”
- Playing cards with a mustache and the words “The Gambler” on them (this was so fitting for several reasons!) – “We took a gamble that day back in “Mustache March” when you had a mustache…and we got her ;)”
- Goldfish, also one of his favorites – “The saying goes, ‘There are plenty of fish in the sea’ but I’m so thankful God made you Daddy to her and husband to me”
Update alert! Had I been using essential oils at the time I made this for him, I would’ve included the following:
- Stress Away Essential Oil – “To help ease the stress in our crazy, new life!”
Any new daddy to be that says he isn’t stressed out in the delivery room is lying to you! And of course it works beyond the delivery room. Bringing home baby, baby turned into teething, fussy baby, turned into toddler = stressful! This can help both mama and dada.
- Lavender Essential Oil and Peace & Calming Essential Oil – “Get a good night’s rest because you’re going to need it!”
To help with sleeping, because after all, the itty bitty couch he had to crunch up on for two nights really messed with his sleep. And these can help the new mommy, or second, third or sixth time mommy, too!
- Thieves Essential Oil – “Use this to steal all those yucky hospital germs away!” Thieves oil has been proven to kill 99.6% of airborne microorganisms (ok, this one actually benefits everyone, too, not just him, so it’s another win win!).
Did he think I was crazy when I first starting using my oils? Absolutely. Fast forward to a year later and he is asking for them. Yes, ASKING. Why is he asking now? Because they work! Simple as pie. He asks when…
- his tummy hurts
- he can’t sleep
- he starts to get a sore throat
- he gets a cut
- his back hurts
- he’s getting a
pimpleI mean a manly, red, spot on his face
- Even when he knows he’s going to snore after a long day…he asks me for the oil so he won’t snore, therefore he won’t get kicked to the couch 🙂
If you’re making a Daddy Survival Kit and want to throw these in there, or if you just want more info, I would love to tell you how to get them and how you can get them for 24% off like I did! Email me at email@example.com.
It was fun watching Jared open his Daddy Survival Kit that night. He loved everything in it and loved the personalized touch on each thing even more. Now we’re just waiting on our little girl’s arrival so he can put his Survival Kit to use!